Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Holden is Gettin' Old-en!

At the end of July, Holden reached the ripe, old age of one. I was sure this day would never come, due in large part to my seemingly vast array of inadequacies as a mother. But I heaved a sigh of relief as he toddled around his dog-themed birthday party, clearly pleased with himself at being that much closer to keeping up with the big kids.

Holden had a great time, and both he and Zoey were obviously happy with it being dog-centered. I had way more fun than I probably should have getting everything ready, especially since he'll never actually remember any of it, but I'll admit - I'm one of those who use my children to lure their parents into my home so they'll socialize with me.

 Zoey proved to be my biggest asset in party-prep. She especially excelled at Decorating and Goody-Bag Stuffing.

 Next stop on my career journey: Costco cake department!







 The guests beginning to trickle in.



 What do you serve at a dog party? Why, HOT DOGS, of course!



 Birthday cake. Hashtag: not impressed.

I had a feeling this might be the way things went down. Not that they're the same baby or anything, buuuuuuutttt.....

....This was Zoey and her first birthday cake...

 Presents! Nothing like the excitement of the giant one in the corner.


 Everyone had to get in on the action!

 By far his most favorite present of all, a toy remote control from Jacob's friend, Tom. Holden loved it so much, he took it everywhere, including in the pool.








 His other favorite present, a new crib toy from Grandma and Grandpa. I was sure it would keep him up but I should have never underestimated Baby Einstein. We are ALL quite pleased with this new addition to his sleep repertoire.
Oh, what a difference a year makes...