Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Four days into April, I'd say I'm just a wee bit late in posting about our St. Patrick's Day. But since we're Irish, every day is St. Patrick's Day.

I woke up that Saturday morning and forgot it was St. Patrick's Day, I'm such a bad Irish lass. Even worse, I didn't even wear green, and I neglected to dress my partially-Irish child in any green. Oh well, she has many years to learn what St. Patrick's Day is really all about: green beer.

We conducted the morning like normal, had breakfast (which, for those who have ever stayed with us know, are epic), then packed up the car to head to Jacob's parents. We hadn't been in awhile, and Rachael had brought the other uber-important aspect of St. Patrick's Day: corned beef.

With Jacob and I, Rachael and Todd, Jacob's parents, Layne, Zoey, and Libby, family gatherings get crowded pretty fast, but it's always a more-the-merrier type of thing.

 Grandma in Grandma Heaven, surrounded by all of her grandchildren for the day.

 Trying to wrangle all of the grandchildren for a picture. It never really works out.

 Grandma showing Zoey baby Libby, who was the only one who really wore any green.

 Grandma hooked Layne and Zoey up with some heart-shaped Cheerio cereal things, which they loved. Even I was stealing handfuls.

 Jacob's mom made chicken and dumplings especially for the little ones. It was super yummy but Layne still enjoyed posing with it more than actually eating it.


Zoey thought it was super yummy and ate as much as her little tummy could handle. She's a walking snacking-machine, that one.

 Naturally, a trip to Grandma's wouldn't be anything without a new toy or two (or three) (not that I'm complaining). Grandma gave her an Elmo race car and this Elmo mock-MP3 player. She calls it her "Elmo Pod."

Lounging around on Sunday morning with Elmo Pod.

Unfortunately, we were all too busy hanging around, talking, and relaxing to notice Jacob, Zoey, and I would have to leave before dinner in order to make it home for bedtime. But Jacob's mom packed us up some food (corned beef with sauerkraut and onions made via crock pot, and quite possibly the best blueberry crumble concoction that was ever created) and sent us on our merry way.

I did put rum in my coffee that morning so I can't be accused of completely blowing off the holiday. Although my cousin informed me that I suck as an Irish person because it wasn't Whiskey, I made up for it later with some Irish Creme courtesy of Jacob's dad.

And since we're Irish (although I defected and married a Scottish McIntyre), we can do [Irish] Yoga every day!