Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let's Hear it for My Main Man!!

My stronger-than-Hercules hubby hasn't had a cigarette since last Sunday!

But don't mention anything about cigarettes or not smoking, his head might explode. I try my hardest to never bring the subject up in any context whatsoever, and will only say something unless he does first. But, of course, I have to tell him how awesome he is and how proud I am of him.

Him not smoking wasn't really intentional. We talk about him quitting, but it's a pretty stressful subject. At the same time, it's expensive, and only going to get more so as they discover more and more things tobacco will do to your body. So, the end of last weekend came and we didn't have the money for a pack so he just shrugged it off and said, "oh well."

When he was able to buy some I said, "Aren't you going to buy a pack of cigarettes?" I suppose I thought since he hadn't declared he was going to quit, that wasn't the case. But he proved me wrong when he answered, "No. I'm not buying a pack of cigarettes. I haven't had one in 3 days and I'm doing good." I was so proud!

So in order to keep from thinking about wanting a cigarette, he's turned into Super Husband; I mean, Super-er Husband. Our daycare lady's son developed an ear infection so Jacob had to stay home with Zoey on Tuesday. By the time I came home the floor was mopped, carpets vacuumed, laundry done and folded, jackets washed and hung, linen closet organized, sock drawer organized, then he made dinner. On Wednesday, he came home from work, washed the sofa cushion covers, loaded the dishwasher, and rotated the tires on the Jeep.

I offer to help, or, at least, I think about it, but I don't want to take away his distractions. So send encouraging thoughts his way so he can keep it up!!