Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Blogiversary!

About a year and 6 months ago I began toying with the idea of doing a family blog. Of people's opinions that I asked, they were all encouraging, even though I thought it was just a step above the family newsletter. Well, I thought, at least it won't be written in the third-drifting-every-few-sentences-into-the-first person; I just happen to switch tenses every so often.

First and foremost, this is a blog about Zoey and the impact she has had/does have on our lives. After Zoey was born, it was my habit to just send e-mails with pictures to my family and friends to let everyone know how we were doing. Naturally, laziness being the mother of invention, the blog (short for weblog) was created. But I was also - and I know you'll find this shocking - getting flack about my Facebook because I wasn't crazy about the super-public, say-anything-you-want-with-no-tact atmosphere that tends to creep to the surface every so often. It's also the source of gossip when the information is sporadic at best, so I decided to over-share, and Montana Roadtrippin' was born!

Two thousand and ten views later and I feel special, even if my number one audience is my mom and spam-bots in Russia. Writing about our lives has made me appreciate them that much more. We do a lot of traveling, and see a lot of neato things, and have a lot of great experiences. We may have tough times, but - with a wave - you never remember those.

We'll continue to love, laugh, and grow, and document it here, so thanks for stopping by! :-)