Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Peek Inside Our Days

One of my favorite things to do on my days off is to look through all of the pictures I have taken of Zoey and our day together. It also allows me the opportunity to show Jacob what our day was about. Here are some such pictures:



 Cheerios are just way better underneath the coffee table instead of on top. (Sidebar: that pink glob is not gum, it's part of some rope thing most likely used in transportation of the coffee table on one of its many journeys.)


 Durbin and Zoey are buds, especially since, I think, he realized that she can't hurt him. I'd also like to believe that he understands and appreciates when we try to teach her the parts of him she cannot touch or poke. Mostly, though, I think Durbin just loves the attention.


You can climb all over me as much as you want, just as long as you're loving me.

 This is [what we call] Boo. It started one night when I was blow-drying my hair. I was in this position, blow-drying the underside of my hair in the bathroom, when Zoey appeared in the doorway. I shouted, "BOO!" So, now, sometimes she'll just randomly bend over and shout, "BOO!"

This is me doing Boo with her. She hasn't quite grasped the concept that things look different when she's upside down.

On Friday, it was really cold so I - big duh - did some baking.

Homemade chocolate chip coffee cake (homemade as in all my ingredients, I didn't use Bisquick or anything). As my friend, Daryl, said, it does look like it has been trampled, but that doesn't stop it from tasting freakin' amazing. I didn't have the right size pan so the edge is just a schmidge Cajun, but the inside and top are good.
Zoey helped:


 She kept the colander busy so it wouldn't feel left out.

 MUST. HAVE. CAMERA.




Grrrr!! This colander so heavy!

 Of course, being us, we had to stop for a photo op. :-)



And, of course, make random stops throughout the house....

 Including the closet....

......And back to the kitchen during snack time with a handful of snacks in each hand.

This week, with the Thanksgiving Holiday, Tuesday is my Friday, giving me 5 days off. What sort of trouble could we possibly get into....?